viernes, 28 de septiembre de 2012





I “celebrate” the Independence day holidays with my family in Rancagua city. We are not patriots, and we don`t have great traditions neither. My brothers and I travel to Rancagua city to visit to my mother, my grandmother, my nephew and my Little brother.  My brother Nicolás puts up the chilean flag on the roof. My mother and I prepare the costume of my nephew for his performance in the kindergarten. Also, my father comes to visit us and we go together to the “fondas” (a kind of typical chilean tavern).
I like this holiday because my uncles visit to my grandmother, we do a barbacue and my mother and grandmother make "empanadas".
I don`t like the people who remember the traditions only in these dates, and use traditional costumes like a cosplay, everyone eat and drink excessively, as if "the end of the world" came, there are many accidents and many drunk, the reggaeton and cumbia music are the new national anthems and the trade abuse of the concept.
Finally, just barely ends "the 18" people forget everything quickly and completely and the stores already are filled with Halloween decorations. ("The Chilean Way").
For the holidays, I went to see some old friends, I shared with my family and my boyfriend, I visited my in-laws and rested a little. In fact, it was boring.
For me, It doesn’t a significant celebration, but I respect the meaning it has for other people.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario