viernes, 12 de octubre de 2012

BOOKS AND LITERATURE




I love reading since I was a little girl. I always devoured every book I could get my hands, even if those books were for adults. In the Lyceum the teachers made me read a lot, but to my surprise, i was not bored. I enjoyed myself and i always searched more books!

I  ran away from my class and i hid in the library. Here, I met a kind of literature called Fantasy Literature. It was recommended by a guy I liked at the time. The most important books that i readed in that time were the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. I love that kind of books, because they break with monotonous reality and shows me scarcely imaginable worlds. Also, i like the History books, mainly medievals and renaissance.

I like the books of myths, leyends and traditions greeks, chineses, japaneses, indians, arabics and chileans. But i like also the victorian tales and the magic realism of Gabriel García Márquez.

Believe or not, I dislike the Sci Fiction literature, because it leaves me many questions, like the subjugation of the science, the fear at the future and the aliens, who cause me panic.

As i have said, really i dont have free time, so i'm reading frequently the texts of the university. However, the last book I read was As the Water on the Sand (a. k. a. Nectar in a Sieve, 1955) of Kamala Markandaya.

I really enjoyed this book, i surprised, i laughed and i cried too. It took me two days to read it complete.

This book is about a girl who is forced to marry with a poor man. But they fall in love, have children and fight until the limit of their forces for keep save their family and their lands.

I would recommend this wonderful book to any person who believes in true love yet. This words sounds very corny but today they are a treasure that few people have,  especially when we faced to the adversity.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario