viernes, 19 de octubre de 2012

How Green Am I?

Very good question!

I guess the people learn about environmentally friendly practice initially in the elementary school. But this knowledge is very superficial, the kids aren´t achieve to dimensioning the real importance of the nature care.
Personally, I tried to incorporate recycling habits, like re utilize containers, tins, box, etc. I live in a small apartment and there are not recycling units in my neighborhood, so is very difficult do something about it. I plant seedlings like albahaca, laurel, ruda, and others, to create my own mini orchard and to clean a little bit the air; I don´t have a car or a bike, so I use my legs and public transport to scroll to the city.

I don`t belong to any eco-organization, but when I have time, I upload information to our blog of animals protection, created in 2011 for the asignature of communication and media with my friends Samantha, Karen and Dámaris.

I would like to know more about environment protection and to implement improvements in my home and my neighborhoods, plant more trees and orchards, protect stray animals, promote exchanges of natural and organic products and objects, use recycling containers, and everything that serves to provide the care of our environment. I don`t know how reduce my carbon footprint, but I search information about this option.

In our society, especially in Santiago, the people must be more emphatic  more conscious and less selfish. This is the only way of react to the severe damage that we are causing to our planet.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario